Now for an update on Addyson and Braden -
Today Addyson had an appointment with the pediatrician. She weighs 6 pounds 3.5 ounces and is 18 inches long. She gained around 21 grams a day over the last 2 weeks or roughly 2/3 of an ounce a day! We go again for another checkup in 2 weeks. Braden weighs 10 pounds 9.5 ounces. He is getting to be such a big boy!! We are just assuming that Addyson is a little bit of a slower grower and she'll just get to see the doctor more often but we're headed in the right direction!
Addyson has pretty much outgrown all of her preemie clothes and is wearing newborn clothes. Braden is into 0-3 month clothes. It is hard to believe how big they are getting. They don't look like my preemies anymore!!
Today was the first day that I took both kids out somewhere all by myself! I took them both to Addyson's dr. appointment. Ryan searched and searched and found a double umbrella stroller that will fit in our car that I can put both kids in. Now I feel like I can actually handle both of them. There is no way that I can carry both of them in their carriers for any length of time. They are giving me some muscles but not that many! We did well - it was fun to have them both out with me.
Here are some pictures of them. They are starting to be so much more aware of their surroundings and are starting to play with each other a little bit when you lay them together on the floor. There's a picture of them snoozing in their bouncy seats. Last night with the stormy weather we headed to the basement and the bouncy seats were one of the first things I grabbed - after the kids of course! I honestly don't know how we would live without them!! The electricity was out for about 1 1/2 hours. We were just getting ready to give the kids a candlelight dinner when the lights came back on. We were glad for that - I know some people were without power for much longer.
We're doing well and getting more and more used to our new normal and really enjoying the kids! That's it for now!
I'm SO glad they are doing so well!!! I'm also very impressed you got out by yourself! that is a feat! My nieces (who are now 2) were adopted and are only 10 weeks apart, and I can't function when they are both here. I haven't even dared to leave the hosue! Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteNoel- agian thats Heather Wiens :)
ReplyDelete