Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Prepping - Thirty Random Acts of Kindness

This is my last week in my twenties. I didn't think that I got that hung up on myself most of the time. But I have really not been looking forward to my birthday on Sunday (February 26). It's time for a new decade - the 30's. I know I am so blessed and it's just another day - it's not like I'm not a whole day older every single day of my life!!! But still, I guess it's just the thought.

Anyway, I was hoping I might be able to spend my birthday in a different country this year with a certain little boy we don't know yet, but that doesn't seem to be God's plan -- so this has been my back-up plan for awhile. I spotted this blog post a few months ago and thought it was an awesome idea!! What better way to celebrate my 30th birthday than to spend it doing nice things for other people. One nice thing for every year of life God has blessed me with so far. Sure has to help take the focus off me . . . and onto something that is much more important than being bummed about getting older.

So, I've been busy making lists and shopping lists. Finalizing some ideas. I won't get all of them squeezed into my actual birthday - having a birthday on Sunday makes some of my ideas tough to complete. But never fear - I plan on stretching this out over a whole weekend. Can't hurt to celebrate a little longer anyway right???

And I'm challenging you to help me celebrate!!! And I'll even give you longer than I'm giving myself. Here's your assignment:

Sometime between now and Sunday, do your own random (or not so random) act of kindness for someone else. And then comment and let me know what you did. OK? It will make my birthday even more special and less sad. Please, please???? I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Oh, and if you need some ideas go check out the link to the blog post that inspired me! I'll share next week some of the stuff that I did (I've managed to convince Ryan, Addyson, and Braden to help me) - I'm not spilling the beans just yet so you don't steal all my ideas!!

OK - Go!!! Share God's love and do some acts of kindness!!! And don't forget to tell me about it! :)

1 comment:

  1. Christy, thanks for the great post and encouragement to show God's love to others! You are a blessing to our family! And I just got done with my random act of kindness...meal for someone who did not expect it. She was so appreciative as she hasn't seen her husband most of the week. Hopefully they can just enjoy their evening now that they don't have to cook!! Thanks for the inspiration and Happy Birthday a few days early!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete