Saturday, December 29, 2012

Welcome Home Karina!!

I know I've been secretive about our adoption process - because we needed to be. But now we are so excited to introduce you to . . .  

Karina Nichole Vogt



Karina was born December 28, 2011 in Russia. Our adoption decree was issued December 10, 2012. Gotcha Day was Christmas Day and Coming Home Day was December 28, 2012 (Karina's first birthday). 

Here we are at the airport - we were so blessed by those of you who showed up to welcome us home. And thanks to Amanda Balzer for the pictures!





We are hunkered down at home for quite a while now. Catching up on sleep, recovering from jet lag, and trying to adjust to being a family of five. Karina is awesome and we already love her so much. But she is grieving and adjusting too. Hard. Hard to watch and hard to know what to do. And hard for Addyson and Braden too. They don't like sharing mommy much but they love Karina. Braden today told me so seriously, "I really like Karina. Can we please keep her mommy??" He is so sweet and loving with her. But just dealing with his own emotions too. Addyson is so helpful and fun to watch with her baby sister. Karina loves watching them both too, but their loudness and attitudes are stressing her out . . . and mom and dad too for that matter. So you can pray for our adjustments - for wisdom and patience as we get to love these three children the Lord has blessed us with. 

I might also add that you probably won't see us out and about much (as a whole family at least) in the next couple months. We will be working on attachment and doing whatever Karina needs. I'll update the blog so you can see her that way, but we kindly ask that you not stop in for a visit to meet her. We know so many of you have prayed for her and for us and love us so much, and we so want you to meet her soon. But when she is ready. Praying that day comes for her soon. It is just so important that she learns about family and to trust us and all the things that go along with attachment.

Thanks again for all your prayers and thoughts. We are so excited and I have so much I want to share. Hopefully between all the craziness of three littles I will find time to share my heart with you and more of the journey we've been on during the last 6 months. And more pictures too!

7 comments:

  1. :-)
    welcome home, karina!
    prayers for your time as a family. cocooning rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to finally meet Karina. We've been hearing about the process a bit through B and C, so I knew she was coming soon. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rejoicing with you, through my tears! I love her, too, and I haven't even met her. She is beautiful!!! I hope & pray she is the answer to many, many prayers. I will be praying that the attachment/adjustment/integration for all *5* of you goes smoothly and the stress eases up soon.
    Love,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Ryan & Christy! She's a beautiful addition to your family. We will continue to pray for you in these days of attachment and adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I absolutely LOVE the picture of Addyson and Braden running to welcome you home...I think the picture of Ryan, clutching Karina tightly to him is such a picture of Christ that is brings tears every time I look at it. A shelter!! Love. Protection!! Abba!! Know we love you, and will be anxious to get to share as a part of you 'nother' family!! Take as long as you need for everyone to make the adjustment. We will pray!!
    Bob and julane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It was such a gift to welcome her home!! She is amazing. Praying for your family as you transition and for Karina as she learns what family is and attaches to her mommy and daddy. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete