Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We passed our eye exams!!


Yesterday Addyson and Braden had eye exams to check for ROP which is a common eye problem that preemies have. They have to dilate their eyes for the test so they got to wear their "shades" all day like they used to wear when they were under the bili light to prevent jaundice. Both of them tested just fine so we're praising the Lord for that!

They got to take their "shades" off around 9:00 p.m. but we still didn't think it would be very good to blind them with the bright camera flash so they got a long distance picture!

Braden did awesome eating without his tube - I think he is starting to catch on better. Addyson didn't seem to care to try too much.

As soon as Addyson can keep herself warm she will be able to move to a crib! She will not be big enough for the 1800 gram weight requirement for the move but since she was an IUGR baby they'll let her move early. So she might be out of her isolette pretty soon! She is such an amazing miracle!!

Ryan and I made a trip to Babies R Us to finish getting some things we need to get ready for the babies to come home. I've been sorting and organizing stuff and so their room and the house are full of big piles - I'm sure it looks like a giant mess but it's actually the beginning of some organization! I'm hoping to start washing clothes, blankets and sanitizing everything else. Who would have thought Ryan and I could turn into such germ freaks!! But we need to for the kids since any virus or sickness will end them right back in the hospital or worse. So it's definitely all worth it - Ryan ordered some of the stuff we scrub in with at the hospital so we'll be able to scrub in at home to make sure we don't give them germs!!

Well I better call that good for yesterday's report and get to my piles! Happy April Fools Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment